AudioMulch workshop - Amsterdam, Weds. September 28, 2011

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ross B.
Ross B.'s picture

Hi Everyone,

I'm running an AudioMulch workshop at the STEIM festival in Amsterdam next week. It would be great to see you there.

The workshop will cover a range of approaches to performing and improvising with AudioMulch. One area I'm planning to focus on is making patches that can be easily controlled by the Metasurface.

Pre-registration is required and numbers are limited. Let me know if you have any questions. More details follow...

From the festival guide:

Composing in Real-time with AudioMulch

Learn practical strategies for digital instrument design for live performance from Ross Bencina, creator of AudioMulch. In this workshop we’ll go through the basics of using AudioMulch for mashing up and processing audio. We’ll talk about various approaches to designing and controlling setups, and go into techniques and approaches for composing music in real-time. Ross will teach from his own experiences as a composer and performer working with AudioMulch. Come follow along and build your own live performance setup.

The workshop will be of interest to laptop performers, sound artists and sound designers, and also to instrumental performers wanting to explore the possibilities offered by processing their sound using a computer.

Date: Wednesday September 28, 2011
Time: 11:00 - 13:00
Cost: Free for symposium attendees (with symposium day pass or 3-day passe partout)
Maximum number of participants: 10
Advance registration is required for this event and can only be done online through the registration form.

What to bring:
You must bring your own computer for this workshop with AudioMulch installed. You can download the AudioMulch demo from www.audiomulch.com (available for Windows and Mac OS). Please also bring some headphones.

For more details:
http://patternsandpleasure.steim.org/2011/08/28/composing-in-real-time-with-audiomulch/

Festival passes are available via the festival website:
http://patternsandpleasure.steim.org

ravasb
ravasb's picture

Any chance of some kind of webcast for those who cannot make it?