Inputs/uutputs revert to default settings [FIXED in 2.1.2]

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
GoaTrancer
GoaTrancer's picture

Hello,

I have E-MU 1820, just downloaded AudioMulch 2.1.1 trial and noticed a strange behavior :

In F4 Settings I set only one audio input/output pair 1/2 and set all preview outputs to None. So far, so good. But after closing AM and starting again all audio inputs/outputs, including previews, reverted to their default settings - inputs 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, outputs 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8.

I remember using Audiomulch 1 in some studio a few months ago and this was working OK and input/output settings were saved and recalled correctly.

Is there any way to save a configuration so it will be recalled correctly? Maybe this is a problem with trial only?

GoaTrancer
GoaTrancer's picture

Tested on Win XP 32bit and Win7 64bit

Ross B.
Ross B.'s picture

There isn't any such limitation in the trial version. It should work as you expect.

One possibility (just guessing) is that you clicked the close button instead of the OK button on the settings dialog and the changes weren't saved. Another thing is that if you switch between ASIO/DirectSound/WMME on the Audio General page, the input/output settings will be reset (which would lead to the outcome you describe: all channels mapped again).

If you find that the problem happens again it's possible you've found a bug. Please let me know if you can't get the settings to "stick"

Thanks

Ross

GoaTrancer
GoaTrancer's picture

Hello,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I found a way to reproduce it on a HP nw9440 laptop with HDAudio soundchip (or whatever) and ASIO4ALL v2:

1. Start AudioMulch 2.x trial.
2. Press F4 for Settings
3. Audio driver: Driver type=ASIO, Device=ASIO4ALL v2
4. Audio input: SoundIn and all AuxIn set to (None)
5. Audio output: SoundOut=ASIO4ALL v2, all others set to (None)
6. Sound file preview: All channels set to (None)
7. Apply & OK
8. Press F4 again for Settings (without exit) => all input/output settings are correct
9. Exit AudioMulch

Now start AudioMulch again, press F4 and look at the settings:

Audio driver: Driver type=ASIO, Device=ASIO4ALL v2...OK
Audio input: SoundIn=ASIO4ALL v2, although it was set to (None)...wrong!
Audio output: SoundOut=ASIO4ALL v2, all others set to (None)...OK
Sound file preview: Ch1&2=ASIO4ALL v2, although it was set to (None)....wrong!

So, the settings for SoundIn and CH1&2 are reverted to ASIO4ALL v2 which is not as it should be.

Thanks for your time!

Regards.

Ross B.
Ross B.'s picture

Thank you very much Sir.

It does sound to me like a bug. I will investigate.

Ross B.
Ross B.'s picture

The bug is now fixed for the next release (2.1.2) if you or anyone else needs the fix now, please email me privately at rossb@audiomulch.com and I'll send you a link for a beta version with the fix.

The exact bug is as follows:

When AM reads audio device settings it first assigns default devices and channels (usually first device, all channels) and then overrides them with what ever your user selections were. There was a bug where selecting "None" as the device did not override the default, so the value always flipped back to the default the next time AM was launched if you selected "None"