AMv2.0.0.1 crashing when deleting Bidule in patcher window [RESOLVED]

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
jimmy behan
jimmy behan's picture

hi ross,

thanks for the 2.0.1 update :)

I'm having a problem using Bidule vst however.
When I close the Bidule window in the properties window and then try to delete the Bidule contraption in the patcher window, AM crashes.

sighup
sighup's picture

I can't replicate that on my work machine, haven't yet tried at home. What version of Bidule? I'm using 0.9687 here.

jimmy behan
jimmy behan's picture

I'm using Bidule v0.9685 VST/VSTi, the latest one (with Bidule standalone v9688 installed).

The Bidule contraption can't be deleted from the patcher window without crashing AM :(

I'm on windows XP SP2.

sighup
sighup's picture

Weird. I just now updated both the standalone and VST versions of Bidule to 0.9688 on my home machine, works fine. Able to insert and delete it without incident.

I'm using Win XP SP3, though, maybe that's what's making the difference.

Ross B.
Ross B.'s picture

Hello Jimmy

I can't reproduce the problem you're seeing. If I create bidule VST, then delete it from the patcher, I don't see a crash.

I recommend that you report this to Plogue along with detailed information about how to reproduce the crash. Plogue and I have been working to ensure compatibility for some time. At this stage I think it will require more investigation from Plogue.

Thanks

Ross.

jimmy behan
jimmy behan's picture

thanks guys, I got it sorted.
it was a setting in my firewall software which was preventing AM from recognizing bidule.

working fine now!